Our care community features our specialized memory care neighborhood – carefully designed for the unique needs of the residents we serve. The community features quiet healing environments in a family style setting. Daily activities are designed to satisfy the mind and body. When rest is needed, our cozy rooms provide quiet, personalized spaces.
PERSONALIZED IDEAL CARE SETTING
Caring for a loved one requires more than just understanding the symptoms; it requires understanding the person. It’s more than just medicine; it’s an embrace that is real, and a touch that is loving. At our care community before we provide services, we ask ourselves, “What is best for your loved one?”. We search for solutions to create the ideal care setting, so you don’t have to look any further.
Our staff provides a caring touch for a complete experience that goes beyond just medical concerns. It is who we are and is at the heart of why we are here.
EXPERIENCE AND UNDERSTANDING
It’s natural to feel helpless when confronted with health care challenges that have taken over the life of a loved
one. At our care community we provide experience and understanding; let us help you and your loved one maintain control and dignity.
SPECIALTY CARE FOR THOSE WITH ALZHEIMER’S DISEASE AND MEMORY LOSS
Caring for a loved one with Alzheimer’s or other forms of memory loss can be a frustrating and challenging experience. Just as difficult is making the decision to move them into a care community. We offer you peace of mind knowing your loved one is in an environment surrounded by staff who provide around-the-clock care and support your loved one’s interests.
Our care community provides a warm and inviting place with comfortable furnishings and tastefully decorated living, dining and activity spaces. Resident suites are attractive and can accommodate favorite pieces of furniture.
We recognize that each person’s life story is unique, so our staff takes the time to know our patients’ stories and personalize their care to create meaningful experiences. Our program is based on a fulfilling range of individual and structured group activities tailored for each resident’s skills and limitations. We help people rediscover ways to enjoy everyday activities, making the most out of their lives as their abilities decline.
Our philosophy is to build on a person’s strengths and encourage personal independence. This philosophy is something we believe in deeply and we will never waver.
MEMORY CARE AT KALĀKAUA GARDENS INCLUDES
• Housekeeping, personal laundry and linen service
• Onsite pharmacy services
• Emergency alert response system
• ‘Aloha Stations’ encouraging meaningful life skills
• A wellness program focusedon alternatives to potentiallyharmful medications
• Outdoor walking garden
• Daily, weekly and monthly activities to promote physical wellness, social engagement, sensory stimulation and personal reminiscence
• Snacks and beveragesalways available
• Healthy chef-prepared cuisine enjoyed in a community dining room
• Bright residence spaceswith kitchenettes
• 23 beds in a warm and friendly environment, including private or shared living suites
• 24-hour qualified caregiver support, including support with medication, bathroom assistance, bathing, dressing and grooming, mealsand snacks, and escort to activities and meals