Employment Opportunities at Kalakaua Gardens
At Kalakaua Gardens “We embrace a heart for service and a passion for living”
We are seeking compassionate, dedicated and qualified individuals to join our team. The following positions are currently available.
For more information about these positions and how you may apply, please email the Human Resources Department at HR@kalakauagardens.com. Mahalo!
Scheduler/Central Supply Clerk (Full-Time)
The Scheduler/Central Supply Clerk is responsible for maintaining schedules and all records pertaining to staff schedules, finding replacements for sick calls, and ordering and stocking supplies for the facility. The Scheduler/Central Supply Clerk will also provide administrative support to the nursing department; assisting residents, families and visitors, and running errands to include travel to supply sources.
• Related administrative experience at a level necessary to accomplish the job.
• Basic computer knowledge and ability with an aptitude to learn company software.
• Previous work experience in healthcare or Long-Term Care with proven track record in similar position, scheduling/timekeeping and/or central supply preferred.
• Must be able to relate positively and favorably to residents, families and to work cooperatively with other employees.
Certified Nursing Assistants CNAs (Full-Time)
*Please inquire regarding available shifts.
CNAs assist residents with activities of daily living as designated in care plan (i.e., dressing, hair care, bathing), and provided escort and support residents in the activity programs.
- Current Hawaii CNA certification.
- Must demonstrate excellent customer service, dependability, and maintain a good attendance.
- Must be patient and compassionate with residents and families.
- Prior experience in senior services preferred.
- Work cooperatively with co-w
- orkers and supervisors.
Recreation/Activities Assistant (Full-Time)
Recreation/Activities Assistants support the Recreation Director in planning, organizing, and directing a program of activities, which provides opportunities for entertainment, exercise, relaxation, and expression, and fulfills the basic psychological, social, and spiritual needs for the residents at Kalakaua Gardens.
- Previous recreation experience with seniors highly preferred.
- Must be able to relate professionally, positively, and cooperatively with residents and employees.
- Must have good interpersonal, decision making, and verbal and written communication skills.
The job responsibilities of the Concierge include greeting residents/visitors, answering phones, and being the central point of contact for employees/residents in the building. They keep the lobby entrance flowing and welcoming.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent, and 6 months of clerical experience.
- Must be proficient with e-mail, Microsoft Office (especially Word and Excel), and various office machines(i.e., fax, scanner/copier).
- Exhibit excellent telephone etiquette and positive interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to work the following shifts: Saturdays, Sundays, Wednesday, and Thursdays from 7:00am-3:30pm, and other day/evening shifts as needed.
- Provide exceptional customer service to residents, responsible parties, visitors and fellow associates.
- Must be able to concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment.
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk and move intermittently during working hours.
Licensed Nurse -RN/LPN (Full-Time)
The responsibilities of the Licensed Nurse in our SNF are to complete thorough head-to-toe assessments, perform skilled treatments for post-surgical and complex medical residents, complete medication administration and other procedures and communicate the outcomes to the to physicians/NPs. They receive ongoing training in areas such as medication management, residents’ rights, and infection control.
- A current, active license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse(LPN) in the state of Hawaii.
- Knowledge of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations and guidelines that pertain to long-term care.
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work with an interdisciplinary care team.
- Basic understanding of computer technology, including email use.
- At least one year of experience in Long Term Care is preferred.
- Efficient at completing skilled and other required documentation.
- Certified in CPR and AED.
The Driver provides safe assistance and transportation of residents to and from appointments, shopping trips, and excursions. They ensure that the company vehicles are clean, fueled, and checked for safety daily. The Driver assists with other duties as needed.
- Candidates must have a high school diploma, a valid driver’s license as required by the state and a clean driving record.
- CDL License preferred.
- Prior experience in transportation of the elderly and or physically/mentally challenged persons preferred.
MDS Coordinator (Full-Time)
The MDS Coordinator oversees and coordinates the development and completion of the resident assessment (MDS) in accordance with Federal and state regulations, and assist in the development of a comprehensive resident assessment and care plan for each resident.
- Must have a current, active license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of Hawaii.
- Knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, guidelines that pertain to long-term care.
- At least one year experience in MDS preferred.
- Resident Assessment Coordinator certification desirable.